Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pussy Power!!!!!


Last night, I took my girl to the "The Beyonce Experience." Beyonce and her all-female band were PHENOMENAL. The girl on the sax was sick! As my lady would say, she's the hardest working female in show business. She can give Janet a run for her money with her dancing skills (didn't miss a note while doing all here bootylicious dances).....and Amerie a run for her money with her legs (dayummmm is all i can say). Initially I was trippin' a little on the price. I was mentally prepared to pay $200 but after all the ticketmaster taxes, fees, charges, and parking pass...the total came to damn near $300 (worth every penny considering what I've been known to blow 3 bills on).

Robin Thicke did his thing! Play that funky music white boy. He does this forward crazy-leg moonwalk when he performs that looks weird and gay. Other then that, he really puts on a good show.

I was surprised at how many Black people were there (I think I literally saw 2-3 White people). I thought her appeal would be more diverse. Unfortunately, my girl and I were a huge minority being a heterosexual couple. Single woman and gay men were EVERYWHERE. The group of six dudes directly in front of me looked like the dudes in the pic. I'm looking crazy because these big 200 lb. hairy dudes are hugging, griding and kissing on each other the entire concert while playing musical chairs. My very liberal girl is looking at me like I'm some neanderthal caveman living in the 1920's. I tell her, I'm sorry to each it's own, but I'm all about heterosexual love. Until a man turns up pregnant, I have the laws of nature to back my view. She gave me that "whateva" look and went back to dancing to "Me, Myself and I."


One of the many things I like about Beyonce is she's not like Kim Hordashian bouncing from one dude to the next never making a serious commitment to anyone. She represents the Black love I'm talking about. Peep these lyrics:

I know it ain't easy
Easy loving me
I appreciate the love and dedication
From you to me
Later on in my destiny
I see myself having your child
I see myself being your wife
And I see my whole future in your eyes
The thought of all my love for you
Sometimes makes me wanna cry
Realize all my blessings
I'm grateful
To have you by my side

I am in love with you
You set me free
I can't do this thing
Called life without you here with me
Cause I'm Dangerously In Love with you
I'll never leave
Just keep lovin' me
The way I love you loving me

5 comments:

CapCity said...

i agree that Beyonce gives a HELLA-slamming Show! But, I can't hate on my girl Janet - she's an icon & u can't take that from her;-)

pd said...

Not to take anything away from Janet, who felt so threatened by Beyonce at the super bowl that she was forced to expose her breast...but.....Beyonce can dance AND sing live....Janet can dance AND dance live.

Anonymous said...

I took my 12 year old sister(first concert) to the show- I harped about paying the 2 bills and some change until I saw you paid three! But I think it was worth it...the only other performer I could think rght about now who can get that much from me is probably sade- and her tours usually coincide with her album releases. The girl is a star and she can sing! I damn near cried when she sang flaws and all and I feel you bout Beyonce's band- homey they onpoint!...the drummers the chick on the bass, the asian chick on the keys- the saxophonist all of them were tight work!
808

Anonymous said...

and the punks were everywhere...they were out in full force! them dudes were clean and crisp! we went to the show in sunrise..and what I will say is the place was devoid of soul...too many white people...nice show nonetheless...I have a lot of respect for the girl, she performed for well over an hour and change...she is a class act anyone who wanna come after her thrown have to come with it!

pd said...

Never seen Sade in concert. She's one of my favorite artist. Next time she's in Atlanta, I'm def. there!!