Friday, July 18, 2008

Umi Says...


Tomorrow may never come
For you or me

Life is not promised

...I aint no perfect man
Im trying to do, the best that I can,

With what it is I have


...Sometimes I get discouraged
I look around and, things are so weak

People are so weak

Sometimes,

Sometimes I feel like crying

Sometimes my heart gets heavy

Sometimes I just want to leave and fly away

...Sometimes I dont want to be bothered

Sometimes I just want a quiet life, with
Me and my babies, me and my lady

Sometimes I dont want to get into no war

Sometimes I dont wanna be a soldier

Sometimes I just wanna be a man, but


Umi said shine your light on the world

Shine your light for the world to see


...Black people unite and lets all get down

Gotta have what,

Gotta have that love

Peace and understanding
One god, one light

One man, one voice, one mic

Black people unite come on and do it right

-Mos Def

1 comment:

dabatou said...

i like you mos def!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!