Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's the little things....

I've learned soooo much from being a father. One of my favorite lessons that Aiden constantly teaches me is, it's the little things that make life wonderful. There is no better sound than hearing my son laugh....it's so genuine....and infectious...It's pure joy to see the world through an innocent child's eyes....

As Ice Cube would say, "Today was a good day." After leaving Church, I noticed some kids playing soccer on a field off of Peachtree. Did a u-turn, parked and Aiden and I proceeded to watch some 4 year olds play soccer. We had a ball. Aiden being Aiden, ran up to the kids on the sideline and kicked their ball away from them
. They were amused and began to show Aiden how to do a "header."

Next up, Aiden helped me change out a CPU fan at my client's office. He loves doing his thing with the screwdriver.

Finally, we hit up my favorite spot, Slice. Aiden ate a huge slice of cheese pizza.
The best part of the day is when we got home. After unbuckling Aiden, he climbed up to the front and played with the horn for about 10 minutes (sorry neighbors). Then he discovered the garage door opener.....he opened and closed the garage door over and over and over and over (as I jammed to Monica) for about 15 minutes straight and was amazed each time the garage door went up and down....His mother eventually came out to see what the heck was going on.

Ahhh.....it's the little things...

2 comments:

Don said...

Definitely the little things which mean the most in the life of a child and the parents of children.

I still remember memories of seeing and hearing my children experience certain things in life, for the very first time. I enjoy all the moments. I believe it goes back to bonding and getting a good idea of your child's personality.

Your son was taken aback by the garage door I see. SO was I and I was an adult. Ha.

pd3 said...

Don, it's so amazing, as you know, to see a child experience everything for the first time. Every experience is new and the smallest things give them so much joy.

My son gets excited if I ask him does he want to go out on the deck...LOL.