Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Black (American) History Month

Malcolm Little AKA Malcolm X aka El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz is one of my favorite people in the history of the United States of America and someone I consider a hero.  If you’ve never read “The Autobiography of Malcolm X” by Alex Haley…..READ IT.  It’s required.  What I admire most about him was his intellect and his consistent ability to achieve his life pursuit of changing for the better.  Throughout his life he evolved and his mind was always open to change and a better understanding of “truth.”

xanddaughters

4 comments:

Don said...

Throughout his life he evolved and his mind was always open to change and a better understanding of “truth.”

I also believe this to be the true spirit of the man, himself, regardless of anything else ever written about brother Malcolm.

I hold mad respect for him.


sidenote: I just sat and listened to R. Kelly's song on your sidebar - Real Talk. Hilarious song.

pd3 said...

I feel you Don. Most people look at one aspect of his life ("the hate that hate produced") without even knowing how much he evolved by the time of his assassination.

The last thing he said on the Youtube clip to me really exemplifies his state of mind before his death. "It's not a case of being good or bad blacks & whites. It's a case of being good or bad human beings."

SN: That R. Kelly song is a trip...LOL...I laugh every time I hear it "I don't know why you fuck with them jealous,
no-man-having-ass hoes anyway....real talk!" ha ha.

Don said...

"It's not a case of being good or bad blacks & whites. It's a case of being good or bad human beings."

I remember this quote. Malcolm X spoke the truth.

Daij said...

Co sign /w Don